Are you tired of booting your Windows 8 to the Start menu interface and then selecting the desktop? Well thankfully that is no longer necessary in Windows is 8.1 as you now have the ability to boot directly to the desktop and bypass the annoying Start menu interface.
Follow these steps:
- Right click in the taskbar.
- Select the properties menu option.
- When the property dialogue box opens Select the Navigation tab.
- Under the Start screen section check the box “Go to the desktop instead of Start when I sign in”
- Click “Apply” and then “Ok”
The next time you reboot your PC will load the desktop instead of the start menu.